Investing in Malaysia?
Why You Should Invest in Malaysia
- Pro-business environment – The Malaysian Government has a long term economic plan to transform the country to a high income nation by 2020. The political environment is relatively stable in the region, and the legal system is well established. In the last few years, the Government has consistently and continuously implemented various pro-business policies which make it easier for foreign investors to set up base here.
- Tax and other incentives – There are so much tax incentives on offer to penetrate the Malaysian economy, as well as for export-oriented industries. It is not uncommon to qualify for substantial tax reduction or even tax-free status for 5 to 10 years. In Johor, the Iskandar Regional Development Authority is also offering tax incentives for certain industries.
- Well-developed infrastructure – Infrastructure in Malaysia is one of the best in Asia. Telecommunications network served by digital and fibre optic technology, five international airports (all with air-cargo facilities), well-maintained highways and seven international seaports make Malaysia an ideal springboard to the Asia-Pacific market. In Johor, developments under Iskandar Malaysia project has turned the Iskandar region to one of the most developed areas in the country.
- Human capital – The Malaysian workforce is young and well-educated, fluent in Malay and English and many are fluent in important Asian business languages such as Mandarin, Cantonese, Tamil and Hindi.
- Proximity to growing markets – Malaysia is well positioned to service fast developing Asian countries. Setting up in Johor in particular can serve as a great platform to service the Singapore market.
The Government has consistently and continuously implemented various pro-business policies which make it easier for foreign investors to set up base here.
How Can M.S. Wong and Co. Help?
At M.S. Wong and Co., we have a proven track record of providing professional assistance to foreign investors planning to set up business in Malaysia. These include Japanese, Taiwanese, Chinese, Indonesian and Singapore multinationals that have successfully established their business in Malaysia. We provide comprehensive consultancy services so that your business venture in Malaysia can be trouble-free. The services we provide include:
- Licence and Trademark application
- Implementing proper accounting and internal control processes
- Implementing IT and accounting systems